By 2016, companies will be spending $33 Billion on content marketing.
Content marketing is the fastest growing industry in marketing today.
These are 7 reasons why you need a Content Marketer on your marketing team:
1. Brand – Content marketers protect a company’s brand by ensuring content shared on a company’s feeds supports its brand’s objectives. When a company shares content, it is tacitly endorsing the content. So it is vital that someone with an understanding of the brand objectives preview content that is shared.
2. Quality – Followers will quickly tune out if you’re not sharing quality information. If the content you’re sharing is of low quality, it sends a bad message.
3. Interaction – Sharing is not a one way street. No content marketing campaign is complete without a thoughtful and attentive effort to respond to those who interact with the content being shared. There is no point in sharing content if you are not available to engage the people who respond.
4. Message – Content marketing campaigns are often designed to support a “message” – an abstract idea that transcends the content being shared.
(In our case, we have a product called MondoPlayer that is an essential tool for any content marketing professional. In January 2016 we’re launching a Pro version of our product that will be targeted at content marketers. So we blog and share a lot of information about content marketing to attract traffic and develop a dialog with potential customers.)
5. Gems – No one likes to see over-shared content. A content marketing professional will always be on the lookout for hidden gems – content that hasn’t already been shared by everyone else.
6. Audience – The content you share ultimately defines the audience you attract. This is a highly personal activity that cannot be easily done by a machine. A content marketing professional is able to look at content and evaluate whether it will attract the target audience.
7. Education – Content marketing campaigns have a happy side effect. In the process of curating vast amounts of relevant content the content marketing professional becomes immersed in a steady stream of information related to the brand being marketed. In this process, valuable information often rises to the surface. Having a professional engaged in this process ensures you won’t miss opportunities and developments in your market.
There are lots of great tools that content marketers use to make their job easier. These are two articles on this site that will get you started:
No wonder 47% of marketing departments have 2-5 people on their content team.
Photo Credit: John Cridland
Supercharge your Content Marketing
Improve your results up to 63%.
Make your content mobile friendly. Find out how to transform your content.
Actionable Tips, Tools and Resources.
Get MediaVidi’s Guide. Free.