In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with award-winning author and innovation specialist Whitney Johnson.
See the full episode at https://wp.me/p6pllj-1Ig
With nearly 2 million followers on Linkedin, she is one of the most popular speakers and experts on innovation, and we speak about her new book Smart Growth: How to Grow your People to Grow your Company.
Topics covered in this episode:
00:00:45 – Whitney’s journey from Wall Street to her time with Clayton Christensen, and finally to her work as a disruption advisor
00:03:00 – What is growth and the S-Curve popularised by E. Rogers?
00:06:00 – Why growth does not feel consistent, and why it can be so slow and frustrating at the beginning
00:09:30 – How people can be in a state of Flow in their S-Curve for a long time.
00:12:00 – Why it is so hard to create and innovate as you get older, and the importance of starting with small steps to form a habit
00:16:30 – Your journey of moving through several S-Curves throughout your life, and sometimes multiple simultaneously
00:21:00 – Using S-Curves to get the best growth performance out of teams, and entire companies as a portfolio of S-Curves
00:26:00 – How to have a challenging conversation with someone else who might need to grow, but it might become uncomfortable
Links mentioned in this episode:
Smart Growth Book: https://smartgrowthbook.com/
Whitney Johnson’s Website: https://whitneyjohnson.com
Whitney on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/whitneyjohnson/
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/all-access-pass-insider-secrets/
* Subscribe on iTunes to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/idea-to-value-creativity-innovation/id1199964981?mt=2
* Subscribe on Spotify to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/4x1kANUSv7UJoCJ8GavUrN
* Subscribe on Stitcher to the Idea to Value Podcast: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=129437&refid=stpr
* Subscribe on Google Podcasts to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVhdG92YWx1ZS5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw
Want to rapidly validate new ideas and innovative products and GROW your online business?
These are the tools I actually use to run my online businesses (and you can too):
* The best email management and campaigns system: ActiveCampaign (Free Trial) http://www.activecampaign.com/?_r=M17NLG2X
* Best value web hosting: BlueHost WordPress http://www.activecampaign.com/?_r=M17NLG2X
* Landing pages, Sales Pages and Lead collection: LeadPages (Free Trial) http://leadpages.pxf.io/c/1385771/390538/5673
* Sharing & List building: Sumo (Free) https://sumo.com/?src=partner_ideatovalue
* Payments, Shopping Cart, affiliate management and Upsell generator: ThriveCart https://improvides–checkout.thrivecart.com/thrivecart-standard-account/
* Video Webinars for sales: WebinarJam and Everwebinar ($1 Trial) https://nickskillicorn.krtra.com/t/lwIBaKzMP1oQ
* Membership for protecting content: Membermouse (Free Trial) http://affiliates.membermouse.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=735
* eLearning System for students: WP Courseware https://flyplugins.com/?fly=293
* Video Editing: Techsmith Camtasia http://techsmith.z6rjha.net/vvGPv
I have used all of the above products myself to build IdeatoValue and Improvides, which is why I can confidently recommend them. I may also receive affiliate payments for any business I bring to them using the links above.